Labels

Tuesday 15 February 2011

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluate stages? (Ancillary Task)


When doing my ancillary task I had to use a program which I was not confident on using at first but after a while after having a play around with it and picking up new skills on that way, Photoshop became a quite easy program to use.


At first I found it quite hard when making my concert poster but after a while I got used to it. At first I needed to pick a colour theme of what colours I wanted to use on my poster. The main colours that I thought would work well was blue and black so I made a background with these two colours.




After this I looked through the pictures that we took of ourartist Casey and decided on which picture looked good to edit and which one would look good on the concert posters.


After I uploaded this image on photo shop I played around with a few different adjustments of colour and also filtering and after a while my photo started to look good.





After this I added this back into the background and also downloaded a font for the text. The font that I downloaded was off of www.dafont.com as it had the font that I needed as it matched the lettering on Casey's jumper. The font was called 'ALLSTAR'.




Finally the last bit that I needed to include was where to get the tickets from and also the record label of the artist which is XL recordings.



As I was working with my partner on this digi-pack we needed to include something that was recognisable on both of our edited photo's. We decided to include some red/grey/blue fireworks so I added this behind the 'LIVE' as it gave off a great effect. This is how my concert dates poster ended up.


2 comments:

  1. You have described the process well and used relevant imagery. To get a higher level you need to analyse WHY you have used this by relating it to GENRE and how you have used/developed/challenged conventions. JIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you use media technologies in the planning of this work? JIN

    ReplyDelete