Labels

Tuesday 15 February 2011

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? (Ancillary task)

My media product does not really challenge many conventions of a real media product. The reason for this is because before starting doing my digipack I looked at various different types of digipacks from all different genres and looked at how my digipack could benifit from looking at these. Things that I noticed from all the digipacks that I looked at were:

  • It had the same colour theme through out

  • It had to have a track list

  • A main front cover which clearly displays some thing about that artist or the artist itself

  • Same font all the way through

When making my digipack I had to make sure that I use the same colour theme through out so I made a background which I could use for all of my pictures. When looking at digipacks I looked at some artists that I would like my digipack to be like and one artist that caught my eye was Drake's. He is a well known artist and on the front of his album cover it has a bold picture of him. So on the front of ours I had a bold picture of MCCabe in the studio looking focused so we decided to name the name of our digipack 'In My Zone'.


Another ancilliry task that we had to do was to make a poster for our artists event. I had to do some research and look up some other artists event posters to get an idea of what I needed to include on my poster. A thing that I needed to make sure was that the poster related to the genre of what my artists music was. To do this I had to make sure the colours were right, the way every thing was layed out, the image of the artist that I had and also the font of which I used.



2 comments:

  1. Nathan- these screen shots look good but don't cover this question. They would be better in the technologies question. Can you move them to that post please and then develop what you've said to relate to that question. JIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've moved these shots now!
    In regard to this post- you need some further development. What about the inside panels?You should really discuss those as well?
    You have mentioned your poster but you really should discuss it in more detail and upload it. JIN

    ReplyDelete